Tuesday, March 13, 2012

As this class comes to an end I am breathing a big sigh.  I have really enjoyed this class and have gained a great amount of knowledge from the discussions, blogs, and my research paper.  This was a challenging course but it was worth all the work.  I feel that I am better prepared to go out and advocate for our young children.  I hope to try and teach others of the crucial roles that early childhood educators have and to try and preserve some of the developmentally appropriate curriculum for them.  Children today face many struggles and they may not have the family support that some of us had growing up for a variety of reasons.  They need to know that there are people out there that will work for what is best for them and are willing to stand up and fight for their rights.

I wish everyone well in their future.  It was great to have so many supportive classmates going through the same struggles that I was.  You were all great supporters and I know that you will all be great advocates for the children whose lives you touch.  Good luck to everyone in the future!  Congratulations on getting one step closer to graduation.

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer,
    I just want to say thank you for your support in this class. your comments and insight encouraged me and helped me. I just want to say that I feel that you will be a good teacher because you have so much to share. Even through you struggled you still managed to encourage.

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will need to change your title to something other than "Jennifer". I suggest using the focus of your AAP as your title. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete